Thursday, July 9, 2015

C*ns*rsh*p

I'm going to be honest with you, today was definitely not my best day. I woke up to the sharpest headache I had ever experienced, mixed with some nosebleed and throat pain. Yup, I was sick. But I convinced myself that I was well enough to attend classes, so I dressed up and drowsily walked to the Hamilton building. I found Izabel and Mark and sat where they were, since I knew they would understand what I was experiencing.

In class today, we discussed the matters of libel and censorship. In the case of Roth v. United States, the US rules that all speech was guaranteed under First Amendment protection unless it was "utterly without redeeming social importance". The court defined obscenity as material that "deals with sex in a matter of patient interest".

 After class, I had a pleasant lunch with my my professor Michelle, Izabel, and Mark. We were able to discuss the Ivy League Connection Program and what our aspirations are for the future. We came to the conclusion that Mark is going to become a dictator and Izabel a Supreme court justice.

I took a 6 hour nap, showered and woke up at 11 PM. I'm just hoping I feel a lot better by tomorrow.

Izabel and Zane!

No comments:

Post a Comment