Friday, July 10, 2015

Beauty Salon Part Two


Matilda Broadway show stage
The week passed by fast, the second week has been a great learning point for me. I now know what the professor wants when we discuss cases briefs. In my morning class we concentrated on freedom of religion and used four cases; Abington School District v. Schempp, Lemon v. Kurtzman, Employment Division, Department of Human Resources of Oregon v. Smith, and Church of the Lukumi Babulu Aye Inc. v. City of Hialeah. The cases we went over in class defined the free doom of expression under the First Amendment right.

For the second part of the class we had a review quiz, I think I did fine. We also had our group debate over made up cases, I think my group did well and made strong arguments. During my part of the debate my class was shocked to hear my strong presence when I made my speech.  I was nice to hear positive comments from my classmates.
                                                    
My room became a beauty salon today, I did four girls makeup. I enjoyed bonding with other girls on my floor. I was so much fun seeing their reactions when they first get a glimpse of there make up. That was a moment that reminded me of my summer at Brown last year. It’s nice that I can still call those girls from brown when I need them or they need me, like the time I did Maria’s makeup for prom and Magaly did her hair. I hope to keep the connections I made this year in the same way I did last year.
                                                     
I hurried to change clothes to go watch Matilda the musical on Broadway. The show was astonishing and I was amazed by the talent all the young kids had. The musical was more that I expected in a good way. I was glad that I was able to go and see something new. In this trip I have been pushing myself out of my comfort zone and it is paying off in a great way.

No comments:

Post a Comment