Friday, June 5, 2015

Meet and Greet Gone Horribly Right!

 It was about time that my cohort had their meet and great since we had already meet each other there was no need for introductions. When I arrived at Chevy’s restaurant Joyce, Mark, and Deborah where there waiting. We were promptly seated and waited for the other two to arrive.
I think Mark was not trying to smile
I loved the fact the Joyce shared her experience from last year with us it made feel like I knew little bit more about what I could expect form my summer program. Also she talked about the college she visited and about the beauty on the campuses.

As promised here is my list in no particular order of thing I want to see while in New York. I have to admit that most of the items on my lift may seem like tourist attraction whoever I can’t wait to go the place I have always herd of that now I get to experience for myself.

China town
Empire State Building
Times Square
Watch a Broadway show
Walk on the Brooklyn Bridge
Metropolitan Museum of Art
Coney Island
Central Park
Grand Central Terminal
American Museum of Natural History

I felt really comfortable when we were all just comfortable laughing around the table it made me feel like I was making new friendships. The meet and greet did its job well and know I feel like I will be spending my summer with new friends.  
Steak fajita salad
For the first time in my life I tried deep-fried ice cream which I shared with Deborah and Mark. For me the deep-fried ice cream was a time to self-reflect that this was only the first of many new things I would be trying this summer and not only that I also thought that just like the ice cream would be sharing the memories with new friends.
Deep-fired ice-cream
I can without a doubt say that I have begun to warm up to my cohort members and I feel so honed to be spending my summer with them. Thank you ILC for doing it again and connecting me to amazing people who will only inspire growth within each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment