Tuesday, June 23, 2015

I Hate Waiting

I woke up this morning with severe heart palpitations, but don’t worry it was not because I was about to go into cardiac arrest; it was because of my overwhelming excitement. In less than 24 hours the thing that has been on my mind for the past couple of months will finally be here: the day our trip to Columbia University will begin! I cannot tell you how much effort it took me to maintain my excitement for the past week, so I veered my concentration to packing. Yes folks, I started packing a week early.

The Necessities
Bye Panda :(
I hate to feed the stereotype of women and their love of clothing, but I just can’t help myself. After rounding up all of the clothes that I thought were necessary, I realized from the astounding pile in front of me that I had to cut my wardrobe WAY down. I made sure to stick to light summer clothing in anticipation of the extreme heat of the east coast that everyone has warned me about. After compiling a reasonable amount of clothing I started to pack everything into one bag, one carry-on luggage, and one luggage. I gave myself a pat on a back (figuratively, not literally) after weighing my luggage and seeing that I stayed below the recommended 42 pounds.


So now that I am completely packed that just leaves for me to agonizingly wait for time to pass. I should also take this time to spend time with my family and my dog. This will be the first time that I will be away from them, and I have to say I am really nervous about.  This will really test how independent I think am versus how independent I really am.

And now as I go to bed early to wake up at 3 AM, all I can think about is that for the next 4 weeks I will be away from the familiar surroundings of my room and the familiar faces that I have come so accustomed to. Being thrown into the east coast lifestyle will definitely be a culture shock, but it is one that I welcome with open arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment