Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Feelin' Like the Intro Bohemian Rhapsody

"Is this the real life? 
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality"

This short stanza of song lyrics from "Bohemian Rhapsody" pretty much describes exactly what I'm feeling right now. I cannot believe that I am just hours away from leaving for this life-changing experience to the east coast. A part of me is nervous, while another part of me just really can't wait for a few hours to fly by. 

I had just arrived from a "bon-voyage" dinner with my family. I said goodbye to them all, but to be completely honest I still don't feel like I'm actually going anywhere. It still hasn't hit me that I'm actually leaving to New York. It's like I know, but I also don't know it, if that makes any sense. 

In any case, I am extremely excited for this trip and I can't wait to see what the east coast has to offer my cohort and I, and more importantly, what we can bring back to our communities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment